is it good that my daughter's friends call me mom as well? My daughter is an only child and even though we have definitive levels as mom and daughter, we are very good friends as well.

My daughter's friend has a good mom but she feels that she can talk to my daughter, and me as well, about lots of things. I love to help her friend, but not sure if it's okay for her friend to call me mom.

katholley

Asked by katholley at 9:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I used to do it and so did my friends growing up, she likes you that's all.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My friends mom was as much of a mom to me as she was to her daughter or as my mom was to me... I still call her mom and I'm almost 30... It's always been a sign of respect IMO...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I see no problem with it. My best friend calls my mom Mom and my dad Dad and so on. I do the same with her grandmother who raised her, who I call Grandma, and the rest of the family. It's good to have that extended family. We're still close after 16 years and call each other's girls our niece. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I used to call my bff in hs mom MOM she was actually more like a mom than my real mom
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm friends with a girl whoes friends call her mother mom too idk I always found it weird and I knew them for 10yrs
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 9:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• lots of kids do that.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I did that when I was growing up. Heck, my son calls my bestfriend Aunt Court.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• my sons friends call me mom..I might as well be they spend all the time here and eat my food LOL I love it though i wouldnt have it any other way....by they they have wonderful moms its just something kids do
    juju40

Answer by juju40 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• some of my daughter's friends called me mom... some of the kids i taught at sunday school did too. it's really nice to know they felt so close to me and trusted me to care for them. my daughter called one other woman mom that i know of - i was that woman's friend for a long time and my daughter used to joke that we were her two moms (like lesbians). can't stand that bitch now (the woman, not my daughter)... anyway, i'm veering off subject. as long as your daughter is not feeling put out by that (mine was an only too), i would enjoy the love.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It is a compliment...good job.Over the weekend of the 4th I was at the grocery when I heard mom. mom and my shoulder was touched by my 25 yr old closest friend and his gf.They were in town visiting his parents he introduced by my full name but continued to address me as mom as always since he was 13.Brought tears to my eyes plus I miss my oldest.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 10:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010