Are there any other women out there like me???

I asked a question the other day: "Do you feel like you need a man to complete your life?"
I should have asked this question...
Are there any women out there who feel like I do: Like their life is just fine without a man and, even though they like men, they don't feel like they need a man to be complete???
Don't get me wrong. I would love to have a great relationship! I would love to have a man who loves me exactly the way I am and wants to do whatever he can to make all my dreams come true and make my life blissfully happy. Essentially I want the Fairy Tale!
But let's be honest. Life is not a fairy tale. And men are not prince charming. And I have had enough experience to know that, if I get involved with a man, my life will be anything BUT a fairy tale. So, for now at least, I do not want a man. And That is just fine! I do NOT need a man to be complete. Or to be happy!
Just wondering if it's just me who feels that way...

craftin4fun

Asked by craftin4fun at 9:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I know I can do it without a man. My husband is gone for months at a time and sometimes up to a year and I'm fine without him, I can handle everything on my own.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I am with you. I love my life. I like SO in it but he's not my life and I can live very well without him. I won't let him live with me bc I enjoy my independence and freedom of being a single woman. I went 15 yrs without a man in my life. I was perfectly fine. I have a good balance of things and if he leaves then I'll adjust and still maintain balance. I would miss the sex though! He's better than my vibrator!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel! Especially now that I have a child. Relationship right now wouldnt fit plus don't really see anyone eye catching
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 9:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Funny thing is that I have always felt that way and when I totally stopped looking and guys were chasing me down. I loved the role reversal, them asking why did I call them last night. lol! Then I meet my now husband and that's all she wrote. You are certainly not alone.
    Mrs.Luv-Lee

Answer by Mrs.Luv-Lee at 9:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I understand. I too, like the first poster, have a hubby who is gone for weeks, months at a time. And I don't need him to live my life. I can survive without him. Life would be very different without him, that's for sure, but I am not dependant on him. I'm glad I have him and my kids have him. I am fortunate for all he does while he is home and he is a wonderful dad to the kids. I am lucky. But at the same time, he knows I dont need him for survival. I could never be dependant on a man....that's one reason he loves me.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I dont think its possible to have a lasting relationship if you dont feel you could be fine on your own. CAll me crazy but when you feel like you gotta have a man, you end up needy, or clingy, and your contstantly stressing that hes gonna do wrong or leave you...its just an awful cycle. A woman needs to feel complete BEFORE the man not after. He should ADD to your existence NOT complete it!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I can't imagine being w/out a man now. I have been married for 11yrs(we meet when I was 18, married when I was 21). I don't know what I would do w/out him. I am thankful that we have life insurance
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• While I don't need a man to complete my life, your oppinion will change when you find Mr. Right as I did. I felt the way you did until I found the love of my life. I don't need a man but I do need him:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I am amrried and at times I feel that way when laundry builds up. No seriously I felt that way before I met my Husband.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• well i answered your question - at the time it seemed like you thought there were two types of women: women who didn't want relationships and women who did (i stated it sounded like you had trouble getting outside the box of with or without relationships). i'm glad to read this question and see that we do think much more alike than i thought.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010