Getting pregnant- heres a tip, what do u think?

My friend had fertility issues and went to a specialist.
They told her to take a prenatal vitamin and a baby aspirin. she told the husband to take 1000mg of vitamin C a day and in 3 months they were pregnant!

Apparently, the aspirin helps the egg to inplant and to stick... also helps to prevent miscarriages. I think im gonna try this!

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You and your hubby should also get off of any herbal supplements you are taking. I read that echinacea, for example, can significantly decrease fertility.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• thats interesting! im not on any right now though
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have heard that same thing. I say try it.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Angie, it depends on the herbs. For example, evening primrose oil can help to increase your fertile cervical fluid. Red raspberry leaf and nettles are both good for regulating your cycle and are great for continuing throughout pregnancy. Many women use chasteberry (aka Vitex) to aide fertility. Not to mention dong quai.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 12:40 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I am already taking a prenatal vitamin but never heard of the baby aspirin (will try that too!) and after reading 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility, it does also say for the guy to take 1000 mg of Calcium. Worth a try for sure!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 10:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think the botton line here is that you need vitamins and you need to be healthy in order to be fertile,right? But I would stay away from the herbs,too.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 24, 2010