how much tv is too much?

how much tv is too much for a 3-4 year old? I don't want my kid to be a couch potatoe

Asked by ezziriah at 9:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I can't put a time limit on it. If all they are doing is sitting in front of the TV then it's too much.

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My daughter spends the biggest part of her time outside, she loves to be outside. Who knows maybe we trained her to be that way, we never wanted her to be baby sat by a tv!

Comment by ezziriah (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• sounds like you are doing fine..

Answer by anabele at 10:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Depends on what kind of tv ur kids are watching. My lil girl loves Mickey's Clubhouse, Blues Clues, Dora & Deiago and of course SpongeBob and I let her watch each of her shows everyday. She learns alot.

Answer by Dezignz_by_CM at 12:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no more than 2 hours of "screen time" per day. Screen time meaning tv, computers, video games, etc...

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• my daughter & i love to read we use the tv as background noise

Answer by mmtosam06 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I agree with Dezignz my daughter loves Noggin well now Nick Jr. and has learned alot. When her brother is here they play alot together and the tv is just background noise.

Answer by BriceAllisonMom at 1:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2010