my kids and me love doing craft activities with recycled material, any suggestions?

my kids are 8 and 3 years old and i think the manual activities are a very good opportunity for teach differents concepst, enjoy and share with the family.

mapasa

Asked by mapasa at 9:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We use the empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls in our art. Some colored and decorated paper as a base, some paint, and you have an awesome pen holder. :-)
    We also decorate empty (washed) butter and sour cream bowls to use for stuff. She has one for a money saver. Also empty food boxes (like cracker boxes, cereal boxes) are great for keeping things and decorating.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i remember using stuff to make "musical instruments" - crafts they can continue to use is extra recycling power
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• How fun :)

You could cut out a shape out of cardboard, cover it with glue, and tear bits of paper/ ads from the sunday newspaper, and such to glue on as scales, fur, decor.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I love papier mache. i only use flour in my paste and I enjoy the messiness and textures
    highestshelf

Answer by highestshelf at 5:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Great idea! My mom crafted with me from a young age and I still love it. I just discovered that diaper boxes make really good magazine holders if you cut the tops off and cover them with contact paper. Contact paper is pretty hard to work with for little ones so maybe you can do that part, then let them loose with some paints or markers? I have made 4 of these so far and they are very handy. Your 8 year old is probably old enough to do some hand sewing, and there are tons of things you can make once you learn that skill. It's fun to use old clothes, sheets, pillowcases etc. to embellish other things. A little fusible interfacing and an iron, and anything you want can be turned into an adhesive patch.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• we use tissue paper holders and food boxes
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2010