Is it rude to go to a baby shower and not bring a gift?

It my sister's shower and I meant to get her something I have just been really broke.

LisamomofJames

Asked by LisamomofJames at 9:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• You could take a pic of her and baby, and get it enlarged( 5x7) and then get a cool frame for it. cool and personal!!! And would be somthing she will keep forever.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Make her a little coupon book on the computer. Free night of babysitting. Five free diaper changes. One free bathroom cleaning. One dinner made by you, etc., etc. Will wash and fold laundry, etc. The first couple of months are really rough with a new baby...having an extra pair of hands can make it a lot easier!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If it's your sister, I would just explain the situtation. I'm sure she would much rather have you there!.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• nah. You can always offer a night of babysitting- just make sure you actually do it.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I like the idea of a coupon book for free babysitting, dinner, etc. Those kinds of things come in REALLY handy the first few weeks with a new baby.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't go to a baby shower without a gift.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Explain toher your situation and she should understand. I'd call her before I go.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I know some people would say yes, but when I had my baby shower I wanted the people there more than any gift.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't think so... I invited people to my shower who couldn't bring a gift so they didn't come. I was honestly upset, I would have rathered they came with no gift than not have come.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Make several coupons for babysitting and wrap them in a little box. Or for housecleaning, or doing her laundry. Or several of each.

Answer by Bmat at 9:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010