I WAS WONDERING IS THERE ANY NON SMOKING AND NON DRINKING MOMS OUT THERE?

It is already difficult for me to meet new moms in my area because I am new to South Carolina and relovated from New York, but another problem is I am a non smoker, and a non drinker. I don't do drugs or party and everyone I meet does one of those. I am not looking to be bashed. I am not looking for a speach. If you do these things there is nothing to rattle my cage about. I am just sinply asking if there are others like me out there who don't feel the need to do these things and care about their helth? We need more drug free and drink free and smoke free clubs and groups for people like us. Any one else in South Carolina? I'd love to hear from you!

MamaNiecey

Asked by MamaNiecey at 9:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Health

• You should look for friends with kids. I met one of my best friends in the Cub Scouts for my son and the other in the Headstart for my DD 14 years ago.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Sorry dear, I am not in South Carolina. But I don't smoke and I don't party at all. I do have a glass of wine some nights, not even every night. And a glass, not a bottle. I grew up and out of the whole drinking scene in my later 20s. On the RARE ocassion my hubby and I do go out, I don't have to drink to have fun. And a lot of the places where I live are smoke free....bonus!!! Sorry you are having trouble finding friends. It's hard when you relocate!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm not in South Carolina, but I don't smoke, drink, or use drugs.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• YES ma'am, my hubby and i are both "lames" lol were pretty young and dont drink or smoke! It ends up making it really hard to find people to hang out with. Not many people just wanna hang out and play cards or do simple things without liquor! It has even made going to the bowling alley a chore! UGG But yea i feel you completely! its like now we have the "alternative" lifestyle!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I fit that description,but I'm in Wisconsin!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't live there but I don't smoke or drink either
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Go to any LDS church and you will find a building full of people who don't smoke or drink! here is a link where u can find out more http://mormon.org/
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Wow ......... This is nice to know. Thought I was the only one who was lame. I would love to talk to you all or friend some of you who have things in common with me. I am still looking for a South Carolina Buddy, but would love to have some non- smokin' buddies to talk to on line as well. Thanks for all of your posts.
    MamaNiecey

Comment by MamaNiecey (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I live in Virginia, but I too find it hard to make friends with other people that don't drink, the smoking doesn't bother me as long as they don't smoke around my son. I find it amazing how many moms out there think it is okay to drink and party all night long. Even my MIL knocks back like four or five beers a night while we are visiting and she only sees her grandson like once every three months for a weekend.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Thanks Lynette personally. I have crossed paths with the Mormons at one time or another and your right they don't do that stuff. That's an idea. Are you Mormon?
    MamaNiecey

Comment by MamaNiecey (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010