Can u get in trouble by the cops

if someone texts ur bf and says ur gf was dead

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• no but its rude to do, you can only get in trouble if you continue to harass them and/or threaten them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Um... no. Being immature and childish isn't a true. Unfortunately.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If you know who sent it, I believe it can be considered a death threat. The police will contact the person that sent it and tell them that if they send anymore texts, further action will be taken.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No.. That is silly and immature.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• no, but you should. A young man sent a text out to my niece and several other of her friends stating that a classmate of their's had committed suicide. This young man used the girls phone. He stated that he was her cousin and answered several texts that were returned wondering what had happened. My niece even called and spoke to the young man. She was devestated as were her friends. My sister finally convinced her to call and talk to the parents. Her friend answered the phone. Here, the friends had been in the hospital, she had fallen and broken her leg and when her parents took her to the hospital, she had left her cell phone at home. The young man was her cousin, who thought it would be funny to send this bogus text to all of his cousin's friends. These young people were completely devestated for several hours by what this young jerk thought was very funny.l
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm sure that in some way or another that against the law, but the problem would be getting law enforcement to get involved. I doubt they would for that situation, unless it was taken as a death threat.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• no
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2010