Anyone else have a hard time getting your kids to go to bed at a decent hour? I start directing the kids to bed at 7p its now almost 10p and they are STILL UP!! Help... I have 6 kids (one is almost 2months old) I seriously need some sleep I'm about to lose my mind. They have never been this hard to get in bed :o(

beccan

Asked by beccan at 9:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 6 kids? Holy moly. Well....you obviously have a routine. Is it too hot out? Did they not get enough exercise and action today? IDK what to tell ya, that sucks.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes 6 kids lol (ages 11,9,6,3,2, and almost 2 months) We do have a routine.

It is super hot out :o( They have not been able to go outside for a few days but we take them off when my husband is off work (like Chuck e cheese, the aquarium, the spray ground, etc.). This started right before the baby was born but now its out of control :o( Mommy needs MORE SLEEP

I do think some of it is they want attention. We are trying to do more one on one time w/ each kid (not seeing any change in behavior for the better though)
    beccan

Comment by beccan (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When you figure it out, let me know because my kids take forever to go to sleep too.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have no advice I have a 2.5 year old that has done the samething since she was 18 months old. She doesn't take a nap, and is up by 9:00 a.m most days and is barely asleep by 10:30 p.m. I just wanted to post that you are not alone and be able to read any advice you may receive from other CMers. GL to us both esp since I have a 3 week old and am starting school back Aug 9th. I will never sleep if I can't get her to sleep earlier and our 3 week old sleeping better at night.
    joni80

Answer by joni80 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• well you just have to be creative. it is hot out... how about laying blankets/towels on the ground, shutting the cutains, taking baths, and laying part way wet on the towels and read out loud until they go to sleep. Start at 8pm. or get a book on tape.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• my kids get up around 6:30a~7a no matter what time they go to bed...

GL to you too joni80~

sahlady i will try the laying on the floor reading tomorrow night :o) ty!
    beccan

Comment by beccan (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• bedtime stories should help. Mine are having issues with bedtime right now because it's still light out at 8 pm and they also have basketball games some nights that START at 7:30pm (not thrilled with that for little kids).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have 7 kids and I know how crazy it can get but the only thing I can tell you is at our house EVERYONE has the same bedtime! That way the house is dark, quiet and calm and this really helps everyone relax and get to bed at a pretty good hour! Good Luck!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Normally yes but I have been wearing mine out at the pool this summer they been sleeping good
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have a friend with whom we both had kids the same age and what not...back when these kids were little she would start to put her kids to bed at 7. spent 2 hours yelling at them to go to bed..
    me, well my kids went to bed at 9 and in an hour they were sleeping...no yelling just the routine of...it was 9pm, get ready for bed, hugs,kisses,lights out, goodnight...
    maybe start a little later and set up a timer for when they should get ready for bed then set the timer again for when the lights are out.
    with my kids as long as they were in bed I did not care if they talked....pick and choose battles
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2010