How to deal with my 20 year old son?

He strongly belieaves there is something physically wrong with him after a stressfull situation he passed thru. we did all medical tests and there was nothing wrong with him! He has lost a great part of energy and concentration! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• Just make sure you don't dismiss him too quickly. Ever watch a show called "mystery diagnosis"?
    Lots of people get dimissed by their Dr's when tests come out negative. I'm not saying he isn't having an emotional or metal reaction to the stress..I'm only saying make sure he isn't being dismissed at the Dr's office. After that, he obviously may need some counseling. If the incident was bad enough it could even cause Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Maybe he is depressed???
    atwitsend1

Answer by atwitsend1 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Let him continue to get tested. Give him more support.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 8:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Many stressful things can cause physiological results but they are short term and will leave when the stress is removed. Does he have family elsewhere so that he can get away and have a mini vacation from whatever ails him? My whole family was getting sick but we couldn't figure out what it was. We flew to MN (from FL) and spent a week and we were all fine. We went back and got sick again. Turns out it was Carbon Monoxide. Maybe he's having a problem being allergic to something in the home. A vacation could see a difference. I just had to have mold removed from my home. It was making me sick but bc we couldn't see it until it was really bad I had to deal with it. There are many hidden things affecting our bodies. I'd see if the getaway worked then go from there.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2008