A cloth diaper question

My son has horrible ezcema. Well I have noticed it has cleared up when he wears cloth diapers (on ocassion, like if I don't have any clean, or in his room at night) I have to put a disposable one on him. Or if we are out in public, it's easier to have disposable ones. Anyways, it doesn't totally clear up, but somewhat. Anyone else notice that when their LO isn't exposed to all the chemicals and plastics of a disposable, they have less skin irritations?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 10:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I preferred cloth also. I think the rashes are caused because the of the plastic and elastic holding all the moisture and body heat in.
    cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 10:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When my boys were little I preferred the cloth diapers over the disposable ones. It was easier and they didn't get the rashes as often., I also kept the diapers they were great rags once potty trained. It is also important what you wash your dapers in as well.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 10:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• The diaper rash has never been a problem, but the ezcema is. Poor thing is allergic to soooo many things.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Uh, for some reason my DD gets horrible rashes when she wears CD. I put her in a few a day but, have to change them hourly X( Stinks b/c of the $$$ diapers cost.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2010