voting down

have you ever been voted down for no reason?

I've seen a couple of my answers voted down even when they weren't offensive. For example. what's your favorite color, I say red and it's voted down There hasn't actually been a question like that but that's the type of questions they were. I honestly don't give a care but just curious if it happens to other people.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in About CafeMom

• LOL...in the POLITICS section, though I can't imagine WHY, or from WHOM,,,but at least the feelings are mutual!!! LOL

I think there are a few lurkers who don't like this new system...because they can't respond anonymously, or they don't like people with lots of credits!! LOL Whatever!! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I voted down someone on accident once. You have to get 6 vote downs before you lose points so accidents like that don't mean anything.

Sorry it happened to you.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes I have been voted down for answering a question and not giving the answer that the person asking the question wanted.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I haven't seen any like that, and Im still figuring this all out as I go along.
    Mrs.Luv-Lee

Answer by Mrs.Luv-Lee at 10:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes. Sometimes I just need to use my votes, nothing against the answer. It does not take away from points.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Not that I know of but I never look and it doesn't say anymore. They've set it up so you only loose points if you answer anon and it gets down voted. If you use your SN you could get voted down 100 times and not loose anything. They do collapse the answer, regardless of how it's done (anon or SN) after 6 down votes. :-) I think it's sort of funny the way some downvote for the heck of it. the one doing the down voting gets no points for it, nothing beyond the satisfaction of giving someone a thumbs down :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i only downvote when i feel the response was insensitive, rude, or inaccurate. (sorry, but I hate when someone says something to a poster that either is misleading or inaccurate, and expect the same for my responses if I'm wrong).

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• if I voted it down for being wrong, I will explain why (unless it's common sense)
    xxhazeldovexx