I know it's not good, but...

Sometimes I find myself not taking my BP medicine even though I'm 36 weeks pregnant because they make me fall asleep an hour after taking them and then I'm drowsy all day. Plus I have a 3 year old and I cannot take care of her if I am asleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am not good on a normal basis to take the couple meds I have either. And I have a couple bottles of prenatal vitamins in the cupboard, if that tells ya anything!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm really bad about taking antibiotics and even my prenatals, but BP stuff is scary stuff and took it religiously with my first pregnancy. I wasn't put on any with my last baby, though I probably should have. If anything, talk to your dr. Tell them that it's making you drowsy to the point you don't want to take it. It's very important that you take it or you risk losing that baby or your life.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 10:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I take all my medicine at night before bed. Can you do that with the medicine your on? Mention to your doctor and see if that's an option. Gl.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:52 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would consult your dr. I would be too nervous not to take somethingl ike that.
    CaitsMom408

Answer by CaitsMom408 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would try to take it before bed. BP can cause so many issues during pregnancy.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010