It's all about Laundry, how do other large families handle th laundry challenge?

We have been doing Laundry using the "teritory"ystem, and the others ae not respectful for the hard work of washing, hanging, and putting away. soo last week I created a calendar and each of the boys are responsible for getting their laundry finished on their laundry day. How do other large families handle the laundry challenge?

luvmystats

Asked by luvmystats at 10:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• we are a family of 4 and its a b*tch
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Well we have a TON of laundry and I do it all myself. I'm SAHM and my kids are too young to do it. My husband does many other things but I like the laundry done a certain way and so I do all of it. I only run full loads. THis helps with the electric bill. It takes me about 1.5 weeks to go through a huge bottle of detergent. The kind that says 96 loads lol (it never gets that many) but I like it. I find something about laundry very thearaputic. Something about a soiled linen coming out warm and clean. Then you fold it and put it away and its like new lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have a family of 7 and I watch clothes every other day so it want pile up.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• We aren't a large family - it's just the 3 of us. I do laundry 2 days a week. And I only do that because I have so few clothes that fit I have to do laundry by the middle of the week. I end up doing about 3 loads each time. More if I do curtains and bathroom rugs and stuff.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have 5 kids (6 if you count my husband) and I taught the older 3 to do their own laundry.  They are 10, 8 1/2 and 7 1/2 and are now responsible for taking care of their own clothes.  I occasionally do their laundry for them (other than folding and putting it away) if I'm already in the basement doing laundry and they've been good.  kind of like a treat for them.  I do me and my husband's clothes (if, and only if, they are in the basket) every other week.  I also wash the 2 youngest kids' clothes (they are 4 and 1 week old).  I just do theirs whenever they run out of stuff.  I do towels and bedding when we run out (usually once a month).  I tend to do it all in one weekend so I do about 6 or 7 loads over a 2 day period and then don't have to do laundry again for a couple weeks.  The kids do their stuff every weekend during the school year and just whenever during the summer.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:34 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i guess we're the average size family wit 2 kids and i wash clothes every sunday. and becuz i didn't want to wash at home and wash all day long i go to the laundry mat so i can wash all, and dry all and then fold all.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I have 4 kids and I do laundry every day! During the week I wash and dry 2 loads per day, and on the weekends its 4 loads per day because of towels, blankets, etc. My biggest problem is getting it all folded and putting it away, so I can get behind sometimes. Right now my kids don't help with the laundry all that often, but my older two do fold and put away the towels. In the next few years I think I will have them help more by folding and putting away their own clothes.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2010