Would you give your child Medical Marijuana?

Now on 20/20... One mother who has a child with sever OCD, has tried therapy and chemical medications... None worked. She lives in CA, where medical marijuana is legal. Her doctor Prescribes it and she uses it in a tincture or baked in bread to help her child - and it's working...

What do you think? IF it was legal for you to do, and your options were marijuana or more meds... What would you choose? Would you at least consider it?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Is there a link to this story?
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• People use herbs and plants all the time as medicine so I see no problem with it, especially if it is actually helping!

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• NO
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• tryin2BGOOD it's on 20/20 right now...it might be on their site...as for the question i'm not really sure, i've been thinking about it too, since i'm watching it. i can't say that i know, i'd have to be in that situation...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Here's the link for 20/20, I think it's the second post on there... http://abcnews.go.com/2020/

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• SabrinaMBowen

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No I wouldn't use it at all !
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• guess I would have to be in that situation. I cant judge his mom. The child is obviously going through pain weather it be a sickness in some eyes or not. No one knows what her child is going through, so I will not judge. I dont think I would totally object to it, especially if it can finally give my child a better life. She isnt sitting around and letting her child hit off a joint!
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• oh if there was a medicine beside marijuana i would weigh my options and study it but i would probably end up with the medicine it would have to be serious for me to choose marijuana i've just never like it even as a medicinal remedy but if it helps and there is no other choice and it was desperately needed then i might allow it.
    avasmommie711

Answer by avasmommie711 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would in a heart beat!

Answer by older at 7:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2010