do you have a child who acted fine, no problems at all, and then they got older and found out they had ADHD, autism, ect.?

if so, what age? and what do you think caused it?

my dd is due for her 2yr old shots, my son had them, but we moved recently and had to find a new clinic. i had no worries before, since the old clinic's shots were fine, but now with this new clinic i don't know anything about their shots. i found the clinic through a friend, her ds just had his 2yr old shots there, and he's fine, but they spread out the shots...i guess i'm just being a worried mom right now. they're up to date on their shots, but with the move, i'm not sure if i want to do that anymore until i find out what's in their shots, how other children react to it, ect.

should i worry or am i just being paranoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You're being paranoid. there is no evidence whatsoever that vaccines have caused any kind of injury. In fact, the major study that supposedly linked autism and vaccine was just discredited because the doc running it falsified the results. Think of the alternative -- you are preventing your child from getting a vaccine to prevent a disease that might kill him.
    Back in the 1950's, vaccines were not available where I am from (eastern Europe) due to the Iron Curtain, and my mom's 4 yo brother died of diptheria. My grandmother said it was a horrible way to watch your child die. His throat swelled up horribly bad and he pretty much suffocated.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• What would be in these "shots" that wasn't in the others? The clinic or Dr office does not "create" them in house, they are produced and sent to the office just like the last place.. What was in the last shots? Who was the manufacturer of the shots they received at the other clinic? Chances are they will come from the same pharm company. If not from the same the company; the vaccines will be produced the same way: per guidelines and regulations. Of course if you moved to a different country your question would be more valid because different countries have different regulations.. I think you are being paranoid.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• there's a lot of misinformation out there, and i don't blame you for being worried, but complications from vaccinations are rare, and don't include adhd and autism. if you're worried about these disorders, concentrate on a healthy diet ;)
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 12:42 AM on Jul. 24, 2010