Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

going against court order

Just wondering what would happen, My dhs ex has refused him his court ordered vacation time next month. She has also said the week he wanted she was taking sd on vaca during his court ordered weekend. Which goes against the court order twice. Once for refusing vaca, then the same week trying to take jis court ordered visitation. Just to be clear she is not doing this cause she is planning something she just wants to keep sd away. She told sd she wouldnt let her come no matter the week he choose. Now my question is what will happen to bm if she is found in contempt on both counts.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Answers (5)
  • It depends on the judge. She can be held in jail for a time period or she could be fined. She will probably be made to comply with the court order also. It all depends on what the judge decides.

    Answer by Katt709 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • not sure but I would def. document it, not much you can do about the vacation right away, but you can have the police go pick her up during her scheduled time.

    Answer by skittles1108 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • Have Dh contact the police and ask for a civil stand by on his weekend. Have the officer meet him at the ex's house just make sure he has a copy of the entire parenting plan with the judges signature on it. The officer will tell the mom she has to turn over the child it is a court ordered visit. If mom refuses or isn't home have the officer document it in a report and then file contempt papers with the court. Good luck. Sorry the ex is being a craphead.

    Answer by Luv_my_hubby at 10:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • i was told by a court facilitator that (in WA) if you are found in contempt either 3 in 2 years or 2 in 3 years (she couldnt remember) it was grounds for switching custody. i had to ask because i was court ordered to take dd for an hour ride to see her father and i dont have a car so i asked what would happen if i wasnt able to... luckily my parents are allowing me to use their car for that... well they pretty much gave me the car without signing the papers over to me... =) hope this helps. see if dh can get an appointment with a court facilitator... they have all the answers. just call the clerks office

    Answer by mommy06and09 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • Pretty much in a nut shell she could go to jail for trying to play judge. If the court ordered that he gets every other weekend for example then she can't deny him that time. But she still has control over if he can get extra time besides those court given times.

    Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 3:10 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.