tacky?

I have a plain gold wedding band, and a two carat solitaire diamond engagement ring. However, I havent been wearing the diamond because of house work and the sports I enjoy. I have only been wearing the gold band. BUT I have silver earrings and silver bracelets. I want to get a cheap/fake platinum zirconia band. Is that tacky? And how do I tell my husband? I only want fake because I think it would be rude to ask for a new ring.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No I don't think its tacky...and anyways they make those rings so pretty now...no one would even be able to tell the difference unless you told them.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I feel that way too about my jewelry ( it has to match) .... but I do think it would be kind of funny to wear a fake wedding ring.... why not just not wear it at all while your wearing silver ... you can wear another cute ring that you like or something ... or is this an everyday thing? If so then it isnt really like anyone else is going to notice that your other jewelry doesnt match your wedding ring.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You gotta be really careful how you approach your hubby. I didn't wear mine for awhile because my fingers got bigger during pregnancy and he kinda took offense. Then the resized it and it altered the color of my engagement ring and it doesn't match the band anymore so I really don't like either! So he's kinda not happy about that either....
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have the same problem, and no i don't think it's bad to kindly bring it up with your hubby.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• why do you have to ask him? Why not go out and buy one for yourself and explain to him how much the original means to you and you don't want to destroy it so you picked up one that is able to be abused .
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It's actually the "in" thing now to combine gold and silver jewelry. It's always been a taboo thing, and I still have a hard time doing it, but sometimes it can look really cute! So no, I don't think it's tacky at all. I think it's very thoughtful of you to not want to ruin the original ring that he gave you. If you just brought it up to him and stress how much the ring means to you, I think he'd understand.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010