Dental bridge

I had my teeth (1 on either side of the fake tooth) prepared for a permanent bridge about 4 days ago.One of the teeth is very sensitive.If I touch it it hurts.Is this normal?How long until it stops?I get the perm. bridge in 3 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Health

• There should be a TEMPORARY bridge....didn't your dentist put two temporary crowns on the teeth that were prepared? I just had a bridge done. Last Monday,the 12th, he drilled the teeth down and put a temporary bridge on the teeth. THIS Monday, the 19th, he cemented the permanent bridge on. That whole area is sensitive and I am using salt water rinses to heal the tissue. WHen he pressed down on the bridge to cement it, I think the gum tissue was bruised. After the novacaine wore off, it really hurt. It gets better thogh. Today its fine.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010