My 14 month old will not sleep at night!!!!

We lay her down by 8 or 830, she will sleep for 1-2 hours then she is up. She is screaming and won't go back to sleep. She is not wet, just changed her, she is not hungry, ate alot tonight. What can I do to make her sleep? She will sometimes wake between1-3 in the morning as well. What can I do to get her to sleep? She has never been a good sleeper to begin w/. I'm tired!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give her a bath right before bed with lavender and chamomille in it. Then gently rub her back and shoulders and that SHOULD put her out. Make sure she isn't sleeping more than 2 hours during the day.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• .. and make sure she has lots of time and space outdoors. nothing makes a kid sleep more than lots of exercise in the great outdoors ;)
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 12:39 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• If you don't have one already, establish a bedtime routine - - for example, my kids brush teeth, put pj's on, read 2 stories, say their prayers, kiss goodnight, go to sleep. Also, a lovey to help her self soothe - - if she doesn't have one, help her pick a special blankie or stuffed animal that she can carry with her everywhere - or even one of your shirts that you have worn and not washed (so it smells like you). earlier bedtimes are good - having a kid to bed before 9 (which you do) is ideal, as they tend to sleep better and longer. Spend time in the afternoon running around and using energy - but then for about an hour before starting her bedtime routine, have quiet activities to help her wind down sot hat she's relaxed enough to sleep.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I have just posted the same thing. My DD is 15 months and is doing the exact same thing almost everynight! I am exhausted! Good luck to you hopefully we both can find something that works for them!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010