Did you know that apparantly homosexuals don't have the right to marry because if it was their right they would already have it?

No I do not agree with this, but want to know how many others might. This is a comment that was given to me in one of my other posts. Is this not just sick?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Wow, so why fight for any rights? As long as the rich, Christian, White MEN all have them, no one else needs them! Okay, Yeah, I can live with that...

eye rolling

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• That's why religious people are scary.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Anon - the comment was made by someone else... But what they meant was that there is no point in fighting for the rights of gays because if gays deserved those rights or should have them, they already would, and since they don't they must not be worthy of them... Which is amazing coming out of ANY woman seeing how women are still fighting for equal rights in many cases... Apparently by this woman's thinking if you don't have the rights automatically, you shouldn't get them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• That is like people who say that fighting for rights is them only bringing attention to themselves. Uh if you just sit by quietly and do nothing then you are not fighting.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• That makes absolutly no sense whatsoever.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• That makes no sense. Going by that logic, we shouldn't be allowed to vote. If it were our right we would always have had the right. Neither makes sense.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• That's what I was thinking, it makes no sense at all.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• That's just ridiculous, lol!
    iloveconan

Answer by iloveconan at 11:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I happen to be a Christian, but I don't agree with that woman's logic AT ALL.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• uhhh...what now?! haha that person obviously couldnt think of any other reason to be against gay marriage so they had to sputter that gem of a logic.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:32 AM on Jul. 24, 2010