TMI How can I get my SO to try new things? adult content

My SO likes to always have sex in the same position. The last time I tried to suggest doing something different that I read about in cosmo he got offended and acted like I was saying he wasn't satisfying me...have any of you had men like that? I thought switching positions was pretty normal during sex, but he doesn't seem to want to. Do you and your SO always use the same position or switch it up a lot?

mommymela87

Asked by mommymela87 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Ahhh, the goal oriented type LOL... Tell him to have fun and relax. You both will still be happy in the end LOL..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• when me and my SO first started having sex, he wasnt comfortable doing different positions.. but now, we switch positions like 3 times during sex. i just started saying like "lets try doing it this way" and he showed him what to do. if your SO gives you a hard time, just be like, whats the big deal?? can i get some variety here! its not that your not satisfying me, but it gets boring doing it the same way. you need to just tell him the truth. & if you think hes shy about it or something, alcohol always helps. get a few drinks in him and he'll probably loosen up and then once he realizes he can do it, he'll get better at it...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I should add that he will also do anal if I let him, but that's it.
    mommymela87

Comment by mommymela87 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• wow. my hubby gets 'upset' if i dont try something different! LOL.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 11:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• He's definitely not shy, he's had way more sex than I have. I feel like telling him I'm getting bored would offend him! I think alcohol is a good idea lol. We used to do different positions all the time when we first got together and he's great, I feel like he was just trying to impress me at first and now that I know he's good he sticks to what works the quickest. KWIM?
    mommymela87

Comment by mommymela87 (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My SO would just stay in the same position before but that's because he didn't know any and he says he's not creative. We usually have about 3 or 4 that we use on a regular basis (and switch up in the middle) but we're up for almost anything....as long as I don't end up standing on my head lol.

Maybe just buy him a carma sutra (sp?) book and tell him that different positions yield different feeling down there and you want to try some. If he gets upset then its may be more of a self-conscious thing or maybe he thinks that's the only one that feels good to HIM.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Tell him to stop being selfish and that the same ole position is boring. Tell him he is good but sometimes new positions are great for the both of you. I mean the selfish part because of your "quickest" reply.. It is not all about him and him getting off KWIM... If he is not listening to you and still being selfish, just tell him point blank. Sometimes the "sugarcoat" approach doesn't work :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I meant that it's the quickest way for him to satify me, midnightmoma. He gets off fine in any position from what I remember lol.
    mommymela87

Comment by mommymela87 (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010