Question about Dishnetwork...

I decided to get Dish Network. My apartment's management and myself have to sign this permission slip before they can install the dish. Has anyone else who lives in an apartment had to do the same thing? What does this slip mean?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Normally apartment complexes make you sign a slip saying that it will not be attached to the building or in public property. You will have to mount it in a bucket or outside your patio if you are on the first floor. They will explain it in the document and ask tons of questions so you don't have to have dish come out and move it because it will cost you a service fee.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes we have done this before. This is more or less giving them permission to make a hole in the wall so they can run the cable through. They get the permission from the manager that way it covers there butts, in case they want to turn around and say "we did not give them permission to do this"
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• so is the management team ok with signing this to put a hole through the wall?
    aidansmom111804

Comment by aidansmom111804 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Never had a dish when I had an appartment, but I think it is because some landlords don't want them installed because they have to drill on the side of your house. We have it now, but we own our home.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Actually there's a person in my apartment complex that does have dish network so I can use that apartment as an example if they say no.
    aidansmom111804

Comment by aidansmom111804 (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010