I need Help on Recipes!!

Im not good at cooking, and i have a TIGHT budget..
Can you PLEASE write out the FULL recipe for me! :)

I need some ideas on food that will LAST more than ONE MEAL!! :)

PLease and Thank you SO MUCH! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Spaghetti! If you make enough of it you can eat it for a fe days after like we do in our house. And it is cheap to make because there is always some kind of noodles and sauce on sale all the time. And you can add different things to it like chicken, meatball, sausage, turkey, ground meat or even veggies. And if you make extra sauce you can freeze it so that all you would have to do for next time is boil some noodles!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 12:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree Spaghetti is one of the easiest and more economical dishes. I always go to allrecipes.com they have great recipes.
    Eny8A

Answer by Eny8A at 12:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Also check websites like.....
    campbells.com
    FoodTV.com
    BettyCrocker.com
    Pillbury.com

I agree... Pasta (all kinds of shapes) is a great way to go.
    Also try some Casseroles
    GOOGLE IT!!!
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 1:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• This is a great site. http://allrecipes.com/Default.aspx Here is one of my favorite recipes http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sandys-Casserole/Detail.aspx
    RaeLynn1221

Answer by RaeLynn1221 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I always get two meals out of a pot roast and both are really yummy.

3 LB round roast, add three to 4 quartered onions, as many carrots as needed for serving # of people, lots of garlic, pepper, and about 1/4 cup soy sauce add water to about 2 inches in the bottom of the pan - cook for 4 hours on 350. I make mashed potatoes to go with.

Next day take leftover meat, onions and broth and heat with a can of beef broth. If you have leftover potatoes you can throw that in too. It will help thicken. If it is too thin / watery still add a teaspoon or so cornstarch that has already been mixed with tiny bit of water (no lumps). When it is hot take off of heat and add a small container of sour cream. Serve over noodles.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Home made chicken noodle soup. I made it last night and we still have some for a few days. my own recipe
    1 half chicken cut up (seasoned)
    2 chicken bullion cubes w/ 2cups water (you can use already made broth too)
    3 cups water
    1 cup carrots cut
    1 cup celery
    1/2 cup white onion
    1 minced clove garlic
    1/2 pound bag noodles of your choice

saute garlic and onion in 3tbs of olive oil. then add seasoned chicken until fully cooked then add in carrots and celery. wait till they warm and then add 3cups water. let that come to a boil and add broth. Add noodles cover and boil for a little bit more. and viola! soup for a family!

you can change things as you like i made this recipe myself.
    jls_mama

Answer by jls_mama at 2:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• The holidays are coming, which means you will be able to buy turkeys for cheap (sometimes free depending on the store's sales!) You can make at least 3, if not more, meals from a single turkey. First, seperate the entire breast from the turkey. Roast that with dressing and potatoes (both inexpensive sides), for one meal. Simmer the rest of the turkey with onion, celery, and a carrot or two to make soup stock. Strain, then seperate the meat from the turkey. If you have any of the breast meat left, add that to this meat. Separate the stock into 2 portions. Serve one as soup, adding egg noodles, sliced carrots, and whatever else you want. cont....
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Take 1 cup of stock out of the remaining portion and let cool. In the remaning stock, add diced carrots, potatoes and onion, and simmer until they are almost cooked, but not quite soft yet. Stir in 1 can (drained) of peas. To the now cold stock, add about 1/3 cup of flour. Whisk until smooth, then stir into the hot stock with the veggies in it, then simmer until thick. Dice up the turkey meat, and gently stir into the now thickened stock. You can now do two things: Use a store-bought or homemade pie crust and make Turkey pot pie (bake at 375* for 35 minutes) or serve it as is over rice. I usually go with the pot pie since it is one of my favorites! Depending on how many people you're feeding, you may be able to do both on different nights.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You can also go to my blog at http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com and look for the chicken soup tutorial. It has a recipe for chicken & noodles (homemade) with pictures and directions, as well as instructions for making fried chicken (another meal!) from the chicken used in the soup.

Also, things like mock chow mein (I've posted the recipe and directions several times if you want to search my answers in the Food category), which is a hot-dish type casserole, can be used for more than one meal. It's economical, and the leftovers are as good (sometimes better) than the first night.

Another idea is using a roast (beef or pork) for roast with veggies one night, tacos another night, and pot pie, or hot sandwiches and gravy another night.

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Damn!!!!
    The more I read these recipes the hungrier I get !!!
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 4:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008