Is it ok for a mom to wear daisy dukes?

I love short shorts, but I feel kind of weird walking into walmart with my 3 year old and 1 year old wearing them. Is it inappropriate? I'm 23 and I must say I have pretty nice legs, but sometimes I feel like I should start wearing 'mommy" shorts since I have kids. The shorts I wear definitely don't pass the fingertip test. When I wear short shorts I tend to wear a top that covers a little more so it's not over the top hooker wear lol. Just curious what other moms think, let me know!

mommymela87

Asked by mommymela87 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Just remember to go for classy not trashy. Just because your a mom does not mean you need to wear "mommy" shorts but it also doesn't mean you have to look like your working around the corner.
    MEstrada1222

Answer by MEstrada1222 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think there is a time and place and walking through walmart with your kids is not really the place.

That being said, if you've got it flaunt it... just not too much of it :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If you want to do it and you can pull it off then NO ONE has the right to tell you you can't.

Being a mom is a mindset and a way of life, not the clothes you wear or what you look like.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think it is more of an age/shape thing, not a mom thing, so go for it!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't think anyone should wear daisy dukes, lol. Maybe if I had the legs when I was a teenager, but not as an adult. I think you can look sexy in shorts that are a respectable length.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i dont think you have to wear mommy shorts.. but i dont like any girl who has half her ass or her tits hangin out. its trashy and its unnecessary. im not a fan of whores
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Well mine aren't so short my ass is hanging out I think that would definitely be a no-no lol
    mommymela87

Comment by mommymela87 (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010