How do I get my 27 month old girl to stop fearing pooping on the potty?

She's been requesting to use the potty for a few months now. The result is always the same: we get there and she's already gone in the diaper or panties. I let her use panties sometimes so she can feel it more and she loves them but the result is the same. She's happy to go sit on the toliet as long as she doesn't have to poop. She squats in a corner of a room to poop and if you ask her in process if she needs to sit on the potty she shoos me away with her hand and says,"No,go away". If I take her anyways then she cries and doesn't do it. I don't pressure her at all. The dr said last month that I shouldn't take her to the potty every 30 mins like some do, that it would backfire. I've never done that. I'm running out of ideas! I read that if you give uo on them when they are interested that they will too! She always says whether in diaper or panties that she's dirty after poop or pee but is afraid of pooping on the toliet!!!!!

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 11:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• um maybe when you need to go take her in there with you and go and show her it's okay.... sounds a bit gross but it might work
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• talk to her, and ask her why. My niece was also terrified to go poop on the toilet, after months of a nightmare. She finally just asked her, and it was because she could feel it coming out, and that felt weird to her. they just talked about it, and ever since she has been pooping on the potty with no problems.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I actually have "showed her" how to poop and pee on the potty many times. I'm not embarassed by it. She thinks its cool, even gives me a high five and says ,"Good job,Mama!" But she herself is still afraid... Any ideas on how to get her to the potty in time? She tells us she has to go, DURING the pee
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I agree with mommy of two
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i haven't had this problem, but i would say give it some time. 27 months isn't too old in potty-training time. maybe she just isn't ready yet.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 12:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• This is going to sound crazy, and maybe even gross to some but I had the same problem w/ peeing on the potty w/ my DS. He would poop on the potty no problem but no pee. So I convinced my DH to pee in the potty. DS giggled so hard I thought he would pee himself but it worked! From then on he will pee on the potty. Maybe if you poop on the potty she will see that it's okay. WE take DS to the potty everytime we go pee or poop and we make ahuge deal about it. maybe try the sma ething? Give yourself treats like a sticker or an M&M and she will want to copy you. Good luck, Mama!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 3:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Do something that makes her think that it is fun. My son is 27 months old, and he poops in his potty, and to make him happy, I let him dump it in the big toilet, and flush it, and he says "byebye Poop!" I dunno, he thinks it's fun I guess..lol. Flushing their own waste down the toilet never hurts.
    freakxxshow27

Answer by freakxxshow27 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2010