Why are cheer moms so catty?

When my daughter was 5yrs old, we signed her up for cheer. The coaches were horrible. They did not show the girls anything and had a click with certain moms. There girls got the bows with names on it. Our girls got plain bows. The coach was too busy gossiping with the click and when she did try to coach the girls, she yelled at them. WHY?????

MEstrada1222

Asked by MEstrada1222 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Do you mean "cheer leading" ? And a "clique" ? MAybe you should find another group?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I was on cheerleading when I was younger. The moms were the same way then, except for mine b/c she was too busy working and partying. I think the moms get that way because they want to live vicariously through their daughters. The pageant moms are the same way and I think it's for the same reason. It's supposed to be fun for the girls. If it isn't, I would look into finding something else to involve her in. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:04 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I did eventually get my daughter in with another cheer LEADING team. (thought that obvious) Besides my spelling, I just did not understand why moms can't get along especially when our daughters are on the same team. I guess the this type of behavior will live on, even online.... that is just sad.
    MEstrada1222

Comment by MEstrada1222 (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Most women are just catty, period. It is really sad. How are the girls supposed to learn to have fun and get along when the parents can't even do that?
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:15 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• If it makes you feel better it doesn't stop in grade school...ohh no ..my daughter was varsity captain for high school basketball, coach was a bitch to my daughter and her(the coach) and I never spoke...because she was just a bitch that way
    and there was a select group of basketball moms that held a tight circle...now my lucky thing is one of those clicky basketball mom's is going to be my son's kindergarten teacher...oh this year should be interesting to say the least!
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It's like everything else unfortunately, the Queen Bee parents and cliques just like grade school. I find it funny! My DD cheers and I just laugh to myself at the childish parents. Ppl are losers! They prob were dorks in school now have to love through their kids and go on power trips to raise their self esteem. Don't let it get to you!
    CokietheClown

Answer by CokietheClown at 2:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Are you talking about Young Champions? IF so you need to contact the main office and file a complaint.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• when i cheered in 6th grade, i never seen the parents act like this. thank god. but i did not get along with a couple of the girls on the team, they were so rude. i was the captain and i had to deal with them. until one time i could not take anymore of their attitude and let my temper get the best of me. she was a spanish girl, she hated white girls (she told me this on more than one occasion) but after our fight, she was nice to me lol
    tayseansmom7505

Answer by tayseansmom7505 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Side effect from living Vicariously through another
    PaganMomma40

Answer by PaganMomma40 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010