Does any one know if having an orgasm can trigger labor? TMI? adult content

I am 38 weeks pregnant and dilated 3 and I have orgasms easily with dh. Has any one experienced labor due to this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ummm. yes actually. It caused labor and the medical books will tell you it can too. For me it caused labor and I was in labor serveral hours but it did cause labor.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Maybe it will work for you...but it isn't working for us. I'm 39wks 1d pregnant and dh and I have been getting in all the sex we can before baby arrives. I'm dilated to 4, 80% effaced...orgasms have not gotten anything going so far. GL!!!!
    thea11ens

Answer by thea11ens at 12:02 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yes, at 33 weeks I went into labor but it was stopped thankfully.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:03 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Worked for. Me!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yes Ive heard it can happen! I was trying like crazy when I was towards the end! lol
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 12:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It worked when I was pregnant with my son. I was overdue at 41 weeks. I had gotten my membranes stripped earlier that day and had been having contractions off and on. After hubby and I did the deed I was in actual labor...went to the hospital a couple hours later and delivered my first child.
    CountryMaMa26

Answer by CountryMaMa26 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It can, but only if you're body is ready. There's prostglandin in semen that can help "ripen" the cervix and the muscle contractions from orgasm can start uterine contractions, but they won't work unless you're pretty much about to start anyway. It can kick start labour if it's close.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• agree with canadianmom...
    Anything you do can only help if your body is ready (as long as its a normal/healthy pregnancy)
    other things are walking & nipple stimulation & also his semen can help things along so good sex is very useful ... But again only if your body is ready -- If it didnt work that way sex would be off limits during pregnancy period!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2010