Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

can anyone tell me how to become a socialworker

Answer Question

Asked by beautifulwom144 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 4 (34 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Go to college

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

  • Find an accredited social work program at a nearby college. Earn your Bachelor's degree in Social Work. Check with your state to see if you will need a Master's degree. Some states require that you have a Master's before you can work as a social worker others just require a Bachelor's degree, however, you will get paid more money with a Master's.

    Answer by JeremysMom at 4:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

  • You will need at minimum a 4 year degree in Sociology or Psychology, and with the latter, a Master's Degree in social work ("MSW"), before you will be able to work with people.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 7:46 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.