Shaving ''down there''...

So I shaved down there once and it got so irritated, I never did it again.. I just kept it trim. I tried Nair, and it didn't work as good as I wanted it to and got a little irritated too.. when you keep shaving down there, does your skin get used to it and stop being irritated??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Depends on your skin. I've gotten used to it but it took several "shaves". Just use tons of body wash or shaving cream and lotion up afterwards.
    Anonymous

• you either need to #1 use a really good razor especially for that area or #2 get it waxed

Anonymous

• Yup i agree with the person on top of me...I was the same way also!
    Anonymous

• I have been shaving down there for about five yrs now and when you first start yes it will irrtitate the hell outta you but you get used to it and your skin toughins up and you wont notice it anymore, but always use a good razor and there is a soap called cootchy that works well too!! but its a lil pricey but the soft soap body gel with the moister beads in it at wal mart works really good too and its cheap!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I use a Schick Quatro (the pink kind) for all my shaving and I love it. I've never had an issue with nicks or irritation.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Mine did, but what I usually do is trim it really short with a man's shaver...an electric one....it feels nice and it's not exatly shaved but it's still sexy!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 1:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• oh honey, get you some really good pain reliever and a margarita. then wax that thing! no kidding, waxing is easier each time and lasts almost 6 weeks. and when your man is grateful for no razor stubble you might get some really good jewelry out of the deal. :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• one word WAX.... then i put A and D so that it isnt sore
    ladiesfirst

Answer by ladiesfirst at 2:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I've heard that slathering on Noxema after a shave in that area will stop the irritation.... anyone heard this too, or ever tried it... I don't use noxema and won't go out and buy a whole jar just to try it once... I too have never gotten used to the irritation.... always have it. Sometimes it's better sometimes worse. But you have to do it, don't want to look like a band-aid stuck to a brier patch when you're wearing a bikini.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• For those that wax ~ what brand do you use and are you literally waxing the whole area?
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 2:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008