shouldnt she share this

My dh found out today that my sd is in a theater group and will have a play in Sept. Not a problem. Problem is sd has been part of this group for weeks and bm never says a word to him. Sd is only six and kinda scared of bm so if shes told dont tell daddy she wont. My question is shouldnt bm share all relevant info on sd espesially so we could go and support. Is this something that could be brought up in court. My dh has to find out from her friends about these things. I just think bm is being very spiteful witholding this kind of info.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I despise when parents do this. She should tell y'all about these things. If you want to bring it up in court be sure to document everything. (date, time, how was told9in person, phone, etc., and by who) Keep a good record of it all.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Most custody agreements state that in order to provide a positive environment for the child, they are not to be forced to keep secrets from the other parent, and that if there is an upcoming school event, the other parent should be notified and encouraged to attend. I would bring that up in court because the bm is not showing that she has the best interest of the child in mind. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• That sucks! BM needs a little lesson in parenting if you ask me. My step dad after he left my mom didn't ome to anything for me or his bio son. My little brother told his dad about it what time where etc etc and he just didn't come. Your DH wants to be there. That is horrible, how dare she!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Maybe ask more questions than. How is school.
    Go through your day when you're with her- Today, I woke up, did this then that. My fav and least fav parts of the day were when these things happened because of this and I felt this.
    Then encourage her to do the same. WHat did you eat for breakfast? Did you ride the bus or did mommy drive you to school? When you got there, who did you see first? And so on.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2010