What is the weirdest/funniest/or most embarrasing thing that has happened to you in church?

I'll tell mine first.
The day I got saved A woman was praying for me and she said "Don't worry, The devil will try to trick you into believeing your not saved but don't let it discourage you".
So I walked back to my husband in the aisle and we sat there for a few minutes and I got irritated at him for something
Then he said "Your not saved!"
lol I thought you little satan...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• When I was heavily involved in my youth group, we used to do "lock-ins" a few times a year. All the youth would come and spend the night at the church. We'd play games, tell stories, and watch movies all night. We had the big projection screen lowered and had already watched a few Christian-themed movies. We then decided to watch Shrek. Sounds harmless right? Well, we had a girl who was very hard of hearing, so we had the words running along the bottom of the screen. NO ONE had realized that there were even cuss words in Shrek, until we are laying about on the floor in the sanctuary watching them pop up on the screen. Tad awkward.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I went to my brother's church when i went to visit our hometown...a childhood friend is now a pastor. So, I went because I wanted to hear my friend do a sermon. That same day found out my neice is Wiccan (I am Pagan) and she said she would go to church if I went. So, we all went...we were sitting down in the basement (commons room) about an hour before the actual service started and all of a sudden all the men got up and left (men's fellowship) and the kids all left (Sunday School) and then the women started to leave (women's fellowship) and since her and I are not members we were left sitting alone on a bench. I said "I thought you said no one knows we're pagan." She said "they don't." I asked "then why did they all just leave us too alone if it wasn't to get pitchforks and torches?!" lol It was just weird because EVERYONE left the room except me and her!
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 1:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Well mine is actually my daugthers embarrassment..whew.*laughs*
    She was practicing for the upcoming bible quizing contest and she meant to say Gentiles and she said.. genitals....
    *cracks UP*
    Poor thing..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• LOL, mamakirs. I'm going to get off topic for a moment and share a non-church related story. The first time my husband met my family (cousins, aunts, uncles and all) he made a slip like that. He had a dog named Peanut, and my sister's dog was Meaness. The dog came into the living room where we were sitting and I guess he almost said "Peanut" but must've changed his mind halfway through, so he called out "Come here Penis!" LOL. That's the ONLY time I've ever seen him blush.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• its something weird...on one of our mexico mission trips we were encountered with a demon possessed women from a womens shelter. she was prayed over but she was stronglt gripped. I had never seen that before first hand. I haven't had anything funny yet. :( I probably can't think of one now.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• When I was 5 yrs old, we were in the middle of church service and I had to go to the bathroom. I went to the ladies room, did my business, and then walked down the aisle to where my mom was...in the front pew. Well, everyone was snickering and giggling as I walked by them. I didn't realize until I sat down and felt the cold pew on my backside...my dress was caught up in my underwear. It hurt my feelings and I turned around and gave everyone a dirty look after I got my dress dug out...I still think about it now and I'm 43!
    meleasmom

Answer by meleasmom at 9:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my ex husband was showing signs of being "bi-polar" and he decided after prayer time to go into the office and pastors office and get on the floor to listen to what they were saying.he also started yelling things and rambling on about flying and the devil.i was so humiliated.We just got married and i had no clue he had this problem since he didn't tell me he took meds.the whole church found out cause the next couple services he would do and say weird things to people.he eventually got arrested which everyone new about also. thank God i was close to my pastor and had a lot of support that no one judged me.
    marykaysauer

Answer by marykaysauer at 12:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• ok, this is a very embarrasing one. I am a youth pastor at my church. We live by the beach & during the summer we have a beach day once a week. Well, the swimsuit I was wearing that particular day at the beach had a plastic hook in the back. I had been in the water and started walking toward the rest of the group. I was about 10ft away and all of a sudden the plastic hook broke, and my top popped off! I dropped to the sand, trying to cover myself, & had to get one of my female students to cover me with a towel. lol, she was flustered too, and just threw the towel at me at first. I had to tell her to come over to me and cover me completely, because I could reach for the towel or else I would expose myself yet again. Everyone said they didn't see anything, but I am sure everyone was just to embarrased to admit it if they really did. Oh man, that was SOOO embarrasing!!
    BabyBumbleBee

Answer by BabyBumbleBee at 6:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2008