Is good to hip carry a kid? or you start leaning to the side?

is that true or false? what do you think?

AddisonandKids

Asked by AddisonandKids at 12:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well any thing can off center you standing on one side more then the other but its not like it will be a major leaning you can have someone pull your legs gently while laying on your back at it will help center you :] im a massage therapist so thats how i know i do it during massages all the time because 9/10 ppl arent centered :]
    Italiana88

Answer by Italiana88 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It hurts my hips HORRIBLY when I carry my 18 month old on my hip too long, then again he is 3ft tall already and almost 30lbs...he is a big 1 year old.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I have large hips anyways so it's never really bothered me. It's almost like I have built in seats for the kids ;o)

but yeah it's not good for your back
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• REALLY dont know but i guess thats TRUE. but hip carrying is like more easily than other forms of carrying

HIP CARRYING:
    http://kozycarrier.homestead.com/hip1.jpg

Another form of carying:
    http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/theybf/May%2009/95e32003.jpg
    BlueballandKids

Answer by BlueballandKids at 12:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My kid just walks everywhere. Its gotten to the point to where she wont LET me carry her lol. My independent princess <3

Unless the child hasn't learned to walk yet, I see no reason why he/she shouldn't just use their own two feet instead of yours. It's healthy to walk and it leaves your arms free to do other things...as long as your kid doesn't bolt that is.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 12:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I carry my daughter on my hips. And I think it's normal for a wee one to want to be held byhis/her mommy. I enjoy holding my daughter (2 years old). She walks too, but sometimes she just wants to be close to mommy, and that's ok!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:34 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My chiro told me I have "Mommy Hip" My pelvic bones have rotated from always carrying on my right side. I told him that my kiddo won't stay on my left hip and his response was. "Um... yeah. Thats because your right hip bone sticks out further now."
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My almost 3 year old still loves to be carried and my hips are fine. If you're really worried about the weight or pressure you can use a sling to help support the baby's weight.
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2010