who has migraines?

Right now I'm on my 5th one this month. I usually get maybe 2 a month but they are hitting me hard this month. What are ways you relive yours? I've tried everything and even medication doesn't work UGH!

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Health

• I get them all the time 5x or more a month i feel your pain TIP:find the ball underneth your skin inbetween your thumb and your index finger there it is a trigger point i learned that in massage therapy school :] hold for 10 sec release and repeat :] NOTE: if you are pregnant do not do this it induces labor.
    Italiana88

Answer by Italiana88 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• && Excedrin Migraine but i dont like taking pills all the time so i go with the first method i gave ya :] hope you get better
    Italiana88

Answer by Italiana88 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I get them to the point I can barely breathe and my limbs go numb. I always take excedrin migrane and lay down for a while. Usually I doze off and when i wake up, its gone for the most part. But I always have a small headache for a few days after
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I have found the Excedrin Migraine (Target version) and Sudafed Nasal Decongestant (Target version or Walmart version) work wonders for me. I hope that you find some relief soon.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• my husband gets them and is miserable for 2 days. if he feels one coming on and he can lay down in a dark quiet room and take a nap and 2-3 ibuprofen sometimes it helps. sometimes it doesnt. he has a vertabrae in his neck that is fused together that somehow causes them. it's genetic, his mom and uncle have it too. the usual stuff they prescribe doesnt work.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I take one Excedrin Migraine and one Advil and lay down with an ice pack on the back of my head for a little while. If I do that right at the onset, it usually does the trick. Unfortunately today I didn't do that, and now I'm up with a killer headache that won't go away.

I like the trigger point suggestion. I might have to try that one. :D
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• ive had one all day, 30 wks prego, tylenol doesnt work and now im goin to bed with it
    ;(
    ahasugar

Answer by ahasugar at 12:38 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Mine are hormone-triggered (Aunt Flo)- so I know to plan ahead for them so they aren't so bad. Do you know what triggers yours so that maybe you can get a jump on them?
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

that's what I have is prescribed and I'm on my 2nd type. The 1st one didn't work and nether is this one
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I had my very first one a couple months ago... i thought i was dying! I took tylenol(didnt' help) and just laid down and tried not to thin about it... I also felt realy sick. I guess that was from the pain.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 1:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2010