Is there anything I can do to reduce my swelling?

My blood pressure has been 110/62. The highest was 113/75 so far this entire pregnancy. I am due August 3, 2010. I have never had swelling with my other pregnancies. (This is my seventh pregnancy, but this will only be our third surviving child.) BTW I drink between 80 to 120 ounces of water a day. I put my feet up and it helps, but only a little. My midwife seems to think it is just b/c it is hot and I am getting toward the end. What do you guy think?

LuvdMommie

Asked by LuvdMommie at 12:54 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was like that, too, with my last pregnancy (my baby is 2 months old now). It drove me nuts. My doctor recommended all the same stuff that beckie66 did, but it didn't make much of a difference. All that helped was having my son, and even then it took over a week for the swelling to completely go away! But I promise, it will! Good luck and congratulations!
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 1:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• If there was something to be concerned about your midwife would let you know for sure. Even if you were not pregnant this heat can cause you to swell up. Don't worry if your midwife is happy with how you are doing. Don't forget if you get worried pick up the phone and call your midwife or doctor. You have not long left until you welcome your new little one, I wish you well!!
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 1:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• The more pregnancies, the harder it is on your circulation....that, the heat and the fact you are almost due is prob it. Limit salt....(including soda) and just take it easy.... :-)
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Drinking water and putting your feet up do help. And limit your sodium intake. The heat does not help, so try to stay in A/C. You are almost there, mama!!!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• drink water and stay away from salt.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 1:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Shoes make my feet swell. So I wear flip flops all the time helps.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would like to thank all the mommies that left there suggestions for me. My weslling has went down a lot. A few days after I posted this question it just went away. So I am feeling a lot better. Baby Hannah is on her way! My body is now doing other things that I am not use to. This is the first time I have ever made it this far. I am 39 weeks today. Hooray! So anytime now! Or shall I say Hannah's time now! Thanks again ladies! Continue to be blessed!
    LuvdMommie

Comment by LuvdMommie (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2010