What are some good centerpiece decorating ideas for a 50th wedding ann?

I am looking for ideas for attractive, easy to make centerpieces for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. We are not really going with any theme in mind. We might use small plants. If you have an idea, send it my way. Thanks.

zboys

Asked by zboys at 12:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Get old photographs and frame them in as many different frames you can find. All styles the bigger the variety the better. Borrow the frames from family members, place 3-5 photos on each table, then place pretty papers and pens on the table for guest to write out their favorite memories of your parents. You can collect these all up and put them into a book for them. My grandparents LOVED this and still, 10 years later they read thier 50th anniversary book all the time. You can also add a simple boquet of roses to each table, or a candle. Ask your parents for marriage advice, then take thier wisdom, print it onto little peices of paper (think 1/2 size). Roll them up and tie a pretty ribbon on for favors.
    Also, on my grandparent's 50th anniversary party, my parents, and thier siblings all renewed their vows in the church where my grandparents got married. This gesture really meant so much to my grandparents.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 10:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2008