Is it normal to feel nervous about having a second child? I am not scared about sharing my love, I am scared about labor and delivery? I don't know why??????

Asked by Raylannsmom at 12:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was. i was actually scared about sharing my love. I didn't know how i could have enough love for two. But I do. And yes i think its normal to be scared about labor and delivery. Having a baby is serious. I use to think what would happen if i died in labor, both of my children would be without their mother and then my crazy MIL would run their lives. Its normal. Don't stress - remember people do it everyday and my second delivery was easier. You'll be fine.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Yeah the second delivery is ALWAYS easier than the first. I can tell you this from personal experience, and everyone that I've ever spoken to with more than one child agrees... Mine second was actually significantly easier, honestly it was a breeze. Don't worry :-)

Answer by Juliebee81 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Sure. I was nervous because, after the first one, I knew what was going to happen! It went better than the first though.

Answer by manna1qd at 1:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My first labor was induced and a NIGHTMARE. the second was soo easy and went so smoothly I wished after the fact that I could have had the 2nd one first. If oyur first was bad TRY not to stress. Each labor is different.

Answer by vbruno at 12:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Yep :). I'm on number 3 and totally nervous about the delivery. You'll be fine :)

Answer by Kyragirl at 1:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• you're scared because you knwo what to expect. it hurts. just remember how you felt when you held your baby for the first time.

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2008