Has anyone adopted a child?

I mean...obviously people have adopted children, lol, but I was wondering if there are any mommy's here tonight who have.

I'd love to adopt a child one day, when we're a little more ready, but I just wanted to give props to all the moms who have done so. I think it's such an amazing thing to do for a child. You're potentially saving their life in the long run, and you're providing them with love, something that I believe is vital. Anyways, just wanna say that I think it's great! :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 1:10 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Adoption

• My husband and I have adopted two beautiful children as infants. I wouldn't change a thing in my life if it meant that I couldn't have them.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I am an adoptive mother... however, let me say that while it sounds nice to be given kudos for adopting...it is actually irksome. We didn't adopt to "save a life" or any noble reason. We wanted to have a family and rather than risk my life in another pregnancy ( our first was stillborn at 36 weeks and I almost died) we chose to adopt from China. I never want my daughter to think we adopted her to save her life or that she has to be grateful to us for adopting her. I hate hearing " she's so lucky" or her being told she is lucky. Nope- WE are the lucky ones to have her in our lives. She is an amazing little girl and is loved so very much.
    Sorry for the rant...it just drives me nuts to continually be praised for adopting.. people don't praise me for having a bio kid, why should I be praised for loving my oldest dd as much as my youngest??
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010