is it normal to have cramping?

I'm almost 21 weeks pregnant and I've been cramping for like almost 2 hours now. it'll hurt for a little while and then it will go away, its mostly in my sides. I was just wondering if this is normal?

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 1:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had some mild cramping, and I think it's pretty normal. I still always recommend calling your doctor, though. Even if it's at night, they have doctor's on call to answer questions, and I'm sure they get questions like that all the time. Just call and ask. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:20 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yeah...that lil joker in there streching out...lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• yea or call the ER and just ask... if its late they can help
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yes it is completely normal. It will actually happen on and off throughout the entire pregnancy. It's because your uterus is stretching making more room for baby. If it gets really bad, constant, or if you start bleeding then call your doctors office or go in. But what your describing sounds normal. Gl.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2010