would you marry someone your family didnt like??

what if they generally liked your s/o prior to marriage, and then afterwards continued to say they didnt like him??

YOU are taken care of, happy and healthy, your CHILDREN that you have together are taken care of, happy and healthy, but your family just doesnt like your s/o because he/she is does things differently than the other men/women in your family.

what would you do? what would you say to them? would it bug you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I would def. be with him no matter what my family says. I married my DH even though my family didn't like him, but in the end as long as he makes me happy and treats me and the kids good then that's all that should matter. Excuse my french but FUCK what everyone else has to say.
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• it would bother me. my family was not fond of my dh for a long time. eventually though, they realized he was a good man and that he loves and takes care of us to the best of his ability. now he is friends with my brothers, and i can brag to my sisters when they gripe about their men. it just took time. and a lot of me ignoring their negative comments.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• gotta kind of throw it to the back of the bus... a lot of people have that problem but i the end if you love him then you really dont need to say anything. just be happy for yourself
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My parents, mostly my mom, didn't really care for my husband when I first married him. But I think that was they didn't really think he would settle down and take care of me the way they thought I needed to be taken care of. They've totally love him now. If they had always been saying things about him and all that, that would have bugged me, but they respected my decision so it wasn't a problem with me.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• as long as you and the kids are happy it shouldnt matter what your famiy says
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would tell my family to get over there not liking him. Because as long as I decide to stay with him. They will just have to get use to him. Or never see me and my kids.

Answer by louise2 at 5:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It would bother if my family didn't like him. As long as he was treating me right I would marry him anyway and hope that they come around.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• my life, my happiness, my choice. my family aren't people i chose to have in my life, they got there by default and are expected to respect me and my freedom and values just like everyone else. in my case i am a bit on the outside of the norm in my family and i do not accept being treated with less respect just because they don't understand me. naturally me being who i am, i am likely to make choices, including men and parenting, they don't understand. i do realize that they have my best interests at heart and i do listen to their opinions and concerns if they approach me respectfully. but if they are just being judgemental, i just let them deal with that crap - their problem not mine. if you are happy and YOU agree and are comfortable truly with how things are, just do what you need to do to stay happy. it's your life.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You are the one with him, not them. The way I see it, they only have to see each other on holidays! lol
    danielle0911

Answer by danielle0911 at 1:58 AM on Jul. 27, 2010