Does it piss you off to see the LAW breaking the law?

Driving in traffic on the freeway and the police officer next to me is on the phone for over 10 mins. If he saw me driving while on the phone I would have been pulled over and a ticket handed to me. I have seen police officers turn there sirens on to speed thru a red light and then turn the sirens back off. I'm not saying all are bad I'm just saying WTF?? What are we allowed to so about this type of stuff?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes! around here they speed everywhere and run red lights. we saw one almost hit someone today when he ran a red light. it just really gets on my nerves that the people who are sworn to protect are putting people in danger.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• In our state officers who are on the clock in patrol cars are exempt from the cell phone laws. Many times when you see them turn the sirens on then off again they are on a call and need to get there in a hurry but are trying not to run with sirens blaring the entire time. Just saying they are not always doing it just for kicks. they are not perfect but your not in the car with them and that patrol car is their office, so you never know what is going on or why they are doing what they do.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:16 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I'm sorry but if I'm on the phone about something very important I don't get a free pass. They are in their car to pRrol not to use as their office. They have an office and it's not their car. The law should apply to all because after all they are not above the law.
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 3:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Actually, most patrolmen DON'T have their own office. Their car is their office. And I agree there are a few cops who do abuse their power but not all. As far as the siren and running through the red light. I once saw a police car do this and then turn off the siren. I thought the same thing you did but about 3/4 a mile later he pulled up to the scene of a major accident. Like, 3 ring circus said, he probably just didn't want to have the sirens blasting the whole time.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:21 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yes it does!! We had a state trooper here in Maryland that got caught with thousands of pics of very young children in sex acts. They should strip this pervert of his B---s!!
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 7:34 AM on Jul. 24, 2010