Cloth Diapers...?

Ok im clueless with this but i thought id give them a try... But theres a billion different kinds of cloth diapers!
Whats the difference in tjem? And for those moms who use or have used them, does it actually save money or does it equal to about the same sense your doing more laundry?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 2:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i tried using them once i had used the gerber ones just to try them..smh..never again i was too grossed out too wash them..i had given her blueberries for the first time....
    hustlemomma

Answer by hustlemomma at 2:04 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• get the all in ones, you just take them off like a normal diaper and throw them in the washing machine http://babycottonbottoms.com/bumgeniusaio.htm ...i love them and they are beyond adorable, you can read the benefits on this page
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:15 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You can start the easy way or the cheap way.

The easy way is to get some AIOs (All In Ones-meaning everything is together in the diaper). You treat them just like disposables except you throw it in the wash instead of the trash.

The cheap way is to get some (good) prefolds. You have to get them from a natural baby store or online; the Gerber ones just don't absorb much and will leave you frustrated. I either use a snappi (the new awesome alternative to pins) or just fold the prefold in thirds and lay in the diaper cover.

You will save a TON of money, depending on how fancy you go. Check this link out to see a real cost comparison:
    http://diapering.wallypop.net/infocostcomparison.html
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 7:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Most of our were from friends and second hand shops, so our effective cost was well under $1 each.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Personally, I prefer AIO's (all in one). I do find that I've saved A LOT of money using them. What kind to use depends on what YOU want. AIO's are basically just like a disposable diaper, that you wash and reuse. No covers, liners, pins, inserts needed. They either snap or velcro shut. Pocket diapers are similar, but thin, and require an insert in the "pocket" for absorbency. Prefolds, flat folds, fitteds and contours almost all require some sort of fastener, pins or a snappi, and covers, as they are NOT waterproof. Prefolds and flat folds need to be folded, contours and fitteds don't.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I like pocket diapers. they're easy to put together and you can customize thier absorbancy. my mom bought me two different brands off of ebay and i haven't had a problem with either types (i have an almost 2 year old and 4 month old in them). i recommend a one size diaper that adjusts as your kid grows... you will definately save money that way
    RosaMae

Answer by RosaMae at 4:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Thanks everyone. I found 2 "gdiapers" at a consignment shop today. Im not sure how anyone says they are cheaper? Gdiapers have the disposible pad that goes in them... So u still have to buy more. So im using the covers from them and prefolds under it :) it seems to be holding up just fine. And i only paid $10 for them so i cant complain.
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2010