Does anyone use k12.com?

Can you tell me a little about your experience? Likes? Dislikes? Also, what grade are your children in?

I am thinking about this as a possibility for my oldest who will be starting kindergarten in the fall of 2011. I just want to have as much information as I can about all my options so I can make an informed decision in plenty of time. I don't want to have to rush into something at the last minute.

JMmama

Asked by JMmama at 2:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would ask this in the CafeMom Happy Homeschoolers group; there are many wise and experienced women there.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• we use k12 through Ohio Virtual Academy I have one going into 5th one going into k I used it last yr for my oldest in 4th it was our 1st yr out of brick and mortar school and he improved 180 pts in math and reading I believe it was the best decision I ever made
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• We are going to use connections academy this year, it's kind of the same thing. I am pretty excited. My son will be in fourth grade.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/16581
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• We decided against K12 last year and went with Connections Academy. We didn't have any specific problems with it we just liked what CA had to offer a little better. We love it.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 12:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2010