Something to put between the layers of a cake

One layer will be a regular white cake, one is lemon. I was thinking about strawberries in the middle because I have some frozen ones but will they be too mushy to put in the cake? I was thinking of using cream cheese frosting and maybe flavoring a little of it with strawberries.

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Take your frosting and the strawberrys and puree the strawberrys and mix the both together then frost the middle that sounds like it would be so good Just putting strawberrys in the middle will make it to mushy.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• take 1 C strawberries, 1/2C sugar, 1/4 C water and cook on med for 10 minutes until bubbly. Mix 2T cornstarch with 2T water- whisk in, cooking continually until it turns clear and is thick.

Use that for the strawberry filling. Won't become runny and ruin your cake (:
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:33 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• they mght get mushy but call a bakry for sure i think if you want to put strawberry as a filling for the cake you might want to use some strawberry glaze with it unsure like i said call and ask a bakery
    mmtosam06

Answer by mmtosam06 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i like putting nutella or dulce de leche..the caramel looking one
    hustlemomma

Answer by hustlemomma at 2:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would do the same thing the other girls are talking about except with raspberries, yum!
    LovableNeurotic

Answer by LovableNeurotic at 11:30 AM on Jul. 24, 2010