need some advice, sick little boy

My son is 20 months and has been running a fever off and on the last 2 days. I assumed it was just from his teeth coming in, but he just woke up and got sick. It wasnt a lot, but hes never goten sick before. I have pedilight but i dont think its any good. Have had it ever since he was born and never had to use it. Is there anything I can or should do to help him feel better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give him a nice cool bath and stuggle up together. My DD (2yrs old) tells me mommas arms make it all better.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• make him as comfortable as possible. lots of extra love :) hope he gets feeling better.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:30 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Just try to get him to drink little bits of water if he continues to throw up so that he doesn't get dehydrated. Hope he's better soon! :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• aww when my son was a year old he got SOOOO sick. sadly fever alone isnt enough... watching his intake and out take. my son had fevers off and on and wouldnt eat so i used a surreng and fed him using that. they say milk is bad because it causes flem. a few days without it would hurt him.

he is 20 months so if you can give him bits of crackers and whatever else you normally feed him .... feed him little meals.

hmm night time is ALWAYS bad. so yea. snuggle time with singning. if you have a swing that would be GREAT. let him rock and sleep like that

no worries though kids get sick. for now swing snuggle time and small doses of fluid often will be best. call the dr in the AM to see if he needs to come in. if anything just peace of mind

GL!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Just wanted to point out that if your son is running a fever higher than 101, teething probably isn't the cause.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t083000.asp
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yes I know a fever higher than 101 isnt teething, his didnt hit higher than that until tonight, or else I would have had him at the doctor already. I talked to the on call, and they told me its most likely a virus but to keep a close eye on him tonight and take him in in the morning if hes still got a fever.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 3:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Take him to his pediatrian and if all is ok then just take the docs advice.
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 7:25 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Just keep him hydrated and snuggle him. If you breastfeed, breastmilk is fine; otherwise, stick with water or miso soup

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My son ran fevers on and off all day until it hit 101 which I took him into ER and he was diagonised with RSV. So, I'd say follow the above statements and if nothing seems to work or his fever gets higher then 101 take him in asap, good luck
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2010