Do you think they will still hire me?

I've been looking for a job for a while. And this morning I get a call asking me to start tomorrow, I was like yea I'm so excited I will be there. Anyway I got another call right after telling me I had to be there to sign papers for my mom's medical coverage or she is going to lose it. Well she is in a nursing home 2 1/2 hours away and there is no one else to go. I have to go, no way around it. And I also have an appointment Monday to start my son in Montessori school(which I will have to do in order to work because I only have available babysitter on the weekends and do not trust my son with family)
Anyway, I had to call the place that wants to hire me back and told them the situation, the lady didn't sound very happy with me. I really can't get out of any of this but I REALLY need the job. She told me to call her back Monday and she would see what she can do...Do you think they are still going to give me the job?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Oh no. good luck!!!!! i wish you all the luck but sadly... well what kind of company is it? again i wish you all the luck.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:42 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I doubt it.
    I am really sorry but I doubt it
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Well if they only give you one day's notice then they are going to have to expect that there are things that you already had planned out that might not be changeable. I had this happen to me last year. I was hired and the second week I would be working my husband had a gradution from a month long training school, the school was one that he had to stay at, couldn't come home, so I hadn't seen him for that whole month. I just told them when they called to offer the position that this was the situation and they were ok with it, but they fired me a week later right before the day I would have missed for the graduation. It was petty, they were looking for any little thing right from the start because I had the graduation to go to but it wasn't like I could tell the army to move it to a weekend for me. I hope it works out better for you.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:51 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Good luck. Hopefully they can understand your situation, like Rhianna said they just give you a one day's notice they have to understand that you have important stuff to do it is not your fault.

Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 2:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• doubt it.
    .thickie.thick.

Answer by .thickie.thick. at 3:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I am a manager and I hire people if i called someone and asked them if they would want to take the job then they except and then they call me back and tell me what came up and what not i would understand but, i would want them to show me they really want the job. So i think when you call her on Monday tell her your very sorry and what not and that you can start on Tuesday and be there a few minutes early and be ready to start when you get there put your best foot forward and show her that you are a good worker and that you really want to be there and work for this company. GL and I hope this women isn't a bitch and gives you the chance you deserve. Is there anyway you could go sign the papers for your mother today? That is another thought.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Well, what would your work hours be on Monday? Can you take care of your son's registration and your mother's paperwork AFTERWARD? I should think those appointments would be a little more flexible.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2010