new books to read...

i love to read and i especially love books that are in series and i noticed that my daughter likes listening to me read to her even just my normal adult books she's only 1 and it just seems like she understands me sometimes when i read she smiles and laughs at all the right times anyways does anyone have any suggestions on new books or series i can read that are good and stuff i can read to my daughter?

avasmommie711

Asked by avasmommie711 at 3:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• the BIBLE...never tooo early to start:)
    christina10140

Answer by christina10140 at 3:25 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• thats a perfect idea!! i even actually still have the two childrens bibles my family gave me when i was younger it has psalms and other stories and verses in there i kept both of them so i could one day give them to my own children i'm glad you mentioned that so i can pull them out!!
    avasmommie711

Comment by avasmommie711 (original poster) at 4:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I love James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series, however, I would not recommend reading that to a one year old. For her, I would probably stick to picture books, because she is going to pick up a lot more if she is able to see pictures and be able to learn that the picture of a horse and the word horse go together.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:56 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• yeah she has a few of the picture books i am hoping to buy her the collection of dr seus books because i loved them. when i was pregnant with her i read a lot and now i noticed if i read out loud anything she sits still and listens to me its amazing watching how focused she gets. but i'll look into the james patterson's series i'm always looking for new things to read i want her to also have a love for reading like i do. her favorite book thats also a picture book is her how many kisses book especially when her grandpa reads it to her when he hasn't shaved lol.
    avasmommie711

Comment by avasmommie711 (original poster) at 5:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i liked neta jacksons Yada Yada prayer group series---she has a few different series---her and her husband has series for kids/teens as well
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 10:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I love the Harry Potter series, but that's probably a little too dark for a one year old. So is the Twilight Saga. I don't really read series, except for those two, so good luck. :)
    jazztastic

Answer by jazztastic at 12:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I am currently reading The Last Song just finished Dear John. I LOVE Nicholas Sparks!!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 7:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010