ways to occupy my daughter....

i am always trying to find things to do with ava and we normally end up sitting in my room with all her toys on the floor and her crawling around playing with random things in my room and me laughing with her and taking pictures of her and finding things to do with her. she's just turned 1 and i've been working on her walking because she has her moments when she doesn't even want to stand so does anyone have any activities or games i could play with her? for walking or even just to play i hardly ever get a lot of time to play with her with all the work i do around the house so it means a lot every second i have with her.

avasmommie711

Asked by avasmommie711 at 3:27 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• First of all maybe going out to the park or going for a walk. Get out both of you and get some fresh air the house work will be there when you all get home. I don't do house work until nap time or after my DD goes to bed light pick up here and there she helps me with.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Don't do work around the house! Your baby is only young for a short time. Don't worry about trying to help her walk. Some children walk later than others. Make friends with babies, go to the park, go to the zoo, go to the beach, go for walks, go out at night and look at the stars, go out to eat, go to the mall.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• thanks that helps!! i try to do most of my cleaning when she naps but lately she's been taking shorter naps and there is always so much to clean i hate letting her crawl on the floor if there is a bunch of stuff to pick up things our cat knocks over. and making other baby friends would be good she loves her uncle he's 20 months old and they love to wrestle a little here and there all 3 of us play together a lot i haven't gotten to take her to the park i'm a little over protective sometimes and the kids i see there are a little rough for ava though i will definetly try to do that!! thanks so much!!
    avasmommie711

Comment by avasmommie711 (original poster) at 4:10 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would take DD to the park and let her 'walk' around all the time at that age. For the most part, the other kids don't mess with her and you get to talk to other mom's who come over to see how old she is :)
    I do clean while DD is awake, I do it when I'm in the mood to do it, otherwise it won't get done, but I always let her help. If I'm folding clothes, I do it on the floor and allow her to help me. If I'm washing dishes I give her pots and pans to bang around. Stuff like that.
    As for walking, I tried a million things to get DD to walk, went to play groups where all the kids were walking except her (some of the kids actually started crawling around, worked against me), walked her around EVERYWHERE, but she still only started walking when she was ready to.
    She walks everywhere now, and started doing that at about 14 months old :)

Good luck :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:21 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• lol thats cute!! i tried giving ava pots and stuff to bang around and she still tried to pull out forks and knives she gave me a heartattack but she never hurt herself. she does like helping sorta with clothes i would fold them and put them in the basket and she would take it out and hand it back to me she loves doing that or throwing it at my brother who helped with pulling clothes out. though now i just find it hilarious with the clothes and i do the dishes when she's napping if she sleeps long enough then i just do it at night while she's sleeping then. i'll definetly take her to the park so she can socialize with other kids i know it would help with her being around strangers she loves to talk.
    avasmommie711

Comment by avasmommie711 (original poster) at 4:27 AM on Jul. 24, 2010