Do you think I'll poop ,once I stop the medication?

I'm on risperdal and cogentin,the cogentin is what's constipating me,I can't get off these drugs yet because of some other issue I'm going thru.What happens if I stop the drugs and still I can't poop?I've tried everything prune juice,laxatives and suppositories,also milk of magnesia.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• See if your doctor can give you anything. If you are not suppose to be off the medicine then don't get off it until you are told you can.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:10 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• if you have tried all of that and still nothing, talk to the doc. I take benefiber chewables everyday to help with constip[ation.gl.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Try fiber bars, acidophilis, and kefir. I have to take meds and sometimes will go way over a week without a bm and these will help. Kefir is like yogurt you drink only even healthier. You can get it at healthy grocery stores in the milk section. It tastes good and even kids like it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Try adjusting your diet: no meat, no dairy, lots of water, no white/simple grains, lots of whole grains, vegetables, fruits and legumes.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Look into Juice Plus. www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 4:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010