best foods to feed to your 1 yr old.

i've talked to doctors i've read books now i wanna hear from other parents because my own visual experience has terrified me some people feed their babies the most odd things my daughter eats what i eat now even the veggies but i wanna know if theres anything your kids just love and you would recomend.

avasmommie711

Asked by avasmommie711 at 4:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I feed DD jello cups with fruit in them for snack sometimes, it's rarely that she gets them, but she just love them!
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:39 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would make homemade chicken soups cut veggies small portions n chickent breast n juss smash it a little bit 4 her 2 eat..save the rest 4 another dy..even meat balls soup w veggies...4 snacks grapes n apples or oranges
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:43 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• At that age, my daughter favorite foods were hummus and kiwi

Answer by rkoloms at 9:40 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Honestly at one a child can eat most of the same foods as you, just cut them into smaller bites or cook the baby's food a little longer to make it softer. Some quick baby foods when you don't want to cook - I buy bags of frozen turkey meatballs, frozen spinach and cheese raviolis, cans of healthy low sodium soups (just drain and rinse and let your little one feed him/herself), chop up an avocado, bake a sweet potato, make pancakes with fruit in them (chopped strawberries, blueberries, bananas) or baby food carrots or sweet potatoes actually go pretty well in pancakes.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My kids were eating all the same meals as the rest of the family at that age, except for steak (though if we had t-bones we'd cut the tenderloin part in tiny bits and they loved it!), things like tacos & really spicy stuff - they even ate soup, with little broth and lots of crackers crushed in to soak up the broth that was there.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2010